Tuesday, October 4, 2011

NBA 2K12 Out Today

NBA 2K12 comes out today; check out the trailer.

NBA Live 2004 was my favorite basketball video game when I was a teen, mainly because it featured Michael Jordan.  I'd create superteams, formed by placing classic legends from all-era teams alongside the current iterations of each club.  So at the time, MJ had Scottie Pippen, Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler next to him.  Good thing this was a video game; Jordan would have probably forced Curry to run steps until his heart burst.

It was a hassle creating these incomplete teams, however.  Now, NBA 2K12 is giving this generation of gamers legitimate versions of some of the greatest teams ever.  Rival squads from each era can reunite on the court at the whim of some skinny, basketball-crazed, big-haired gamer- this generation's me- and have their stats encapsulated forever in a Word document on the kid's computer.  Yeah, I did that.  Explains this blog, doesn't it?

Anyway, I'm glad NBA 2K12 has been able to progress to the point where they can pull this off.  Enjoy and appreciate this, you wacky 2010s generation of basketball gamers...

No comments:

Post a Comment